M.Y. AIR Courses: 

M.Y. AIR Corp.’s flight instruction is done primarily on a one-on-one basis so the student can get a thorough and personalized education in aviation. Students are recommended to take a flying lesson and fly at least twice a week, so the information is retained, and lessons are not repeated. Please call if you have any more questions on M.Y. AIR courses. 

   The Airline Express Program is for students who are interested in becoming airline or charter pilots. When you graduate from the airline express program, you will be highly qualified for an assortment of jobs: flying for the police, fire department, civil air patrol, gas and oil companies, doing pipe line checks, banner towing, and many more opportunities. These jobs are consistently in high demand all across the United States. After doing these types of jobs until you acquire roughly 1000 hours, you will be able to go to the airlines and charter companies. 

   The Private pilot license is a license for people who are not looking for a career in aviation; in short, it is a hobby license for people who have a dream to take to the skies. Private pilots are able to fly in any public airspace in the United States and can carry passengers day or night. Private pilots may not act as pilot in command of an aircraft that is used for compensation or hire, except when the flight is incidental to a business; for example, in transportation for an owner of a business who flies himself. Also, a private pilot may not pay less then half of the cost of the aircraft flight; including fuel, oil, expenditures or rental fees.
      *To become a Private pilot, a student: 
         1. Must at least 17 years of age to obtain a license. 
         2. Must be 16 to fly solo. 
         3. Training may be initiated at any age within reason. 
         4. Must be able to read, speak, and understand the English language. 
         5. Must pass a knowledge test that is conducted by an 
             M.Y. AIR certified proctor. 
         6. At least 40 hours flight time, including: 
               a. 3 hours cross-country flight training. 
               b. 3 hours night flight training, including: 
                     1. one cross country flight over 100 nautical miles, 
                     2. 10 takeoffs and 10 landings to a full stop.    
               c. 3 hours instrument flight training. 
               d. 10 hours solo cross-country time including: 
                     1. One cross country solo flight at least 150 miles with stops 
                        at three airports, 
                     2. 3 Takeoffs and three landings at a control tower airport. 
   The Instrument Rating is an advanced airplane rating for flying in weather that is not allowable for private pilots. Flying in the clouds is an amazing thrill, but must not be taken lightly: many hours of training must be conducted before a pilot is able to operate in the clouds safely! This rating is for any private pilot who is interested in advancing their flying skills and expanding their aviation horizon.
      *To become an Instrument pilot, a student: 
         1. Must hold at least a private pilot license. 
         2. Must pass a knowledge test conducted by an M.Y. AIR proctor. 
         3. At least 50 hours of cross-country flight time. 
         4. One instrument cross-country flight, at least 250 nautical miles 
             with three different instrument approaches. 

   No No Hair Removal  
   The Commercial license is a license to carry persons or property for compensation or hire; as in airlines, charter, cargo, and many other exciting opportunities. The Commercial license in it self is not a hard rating to acquire, but a minimum of 250 hours is needed so it can take a considerable amount of time. 

      *To become a Commercial pilot, a student: 
         1. Must be at least 18 years old. 
         2. Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language. 
         3. At least 250 hours total time. 
         4. 10 hours total in a complex airplane. 
         5. One cross-country flight, more than 250 nautical miles.

   Most airline, charter, and cargo jobs are hard to get as soon as a commercial pilot certificate is accquired, but jobs such as Certified Flight Instructors and pipeline examiners can be done to get more hours to be able to qualify for the more major commercial careers. Please ask for more details on Commercial opportunities and the best route in achieving a student's aviation dreams.

Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)

   The Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) rating is an add-on rating to the Commercial pilot license. Most people heading to the airline or charter industry start off as a flight instructor to build time: most airline hiring minimums are 1000 hours of flight time or more. 
To become a CFI, a pilot: 
1. Must posses their Private, Instrument, 
    and Commercial license.
2. Must obtain a class three medical. 
3. Pass two written tests: the 
    Fundamentals Of Instructing (FOI) 
    and the Flight/Ground Instructor Test 
4. Pass a check ride with an FAA official, 
    or designated examiner for initial CFI.

CFI Instrument (CFII)

   The Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) is the rating needed to teach students instrument flying. It is usually an add-on to the initial flight instructor rating but can be done before the CFI. 

      *To become a CFII, a pilot: 

1. Must posses their Private, 
   Instrument, and Commercial licenses.
2. Obtain a class three medical.
3. Pass CFII written test.
4. Pass a check ride with a 
   designated examiner.